The Father of the Bride speech is often one of the most emotional of all wedding speeches, and as it is usually the opening speech, it can be a difficult speech to master. This speech needs to evoke a snapshot of your daughters life, pay tribute to her new husband and his family,while engaging and keeping those listening entertained. This may sound a tall order because as first speaker you should ideally be giving a short speech (3-5 minutes), but with the help of the following Father of the Bride speech tips your speech will savored by all in attendance particularly the Bride and Groom along with their respective family members.
10. Welcome everybody to the celebration, express your delight at seeing old friends along with your pride and joy for the newlyweds.
9. Provide a special welcome for the Groom's family particularly his father and mother.
8. Describe your daughter as a child, mention some quirky traits that she may have had growing-up.
7. Tell a funny story from your daughter's childhood that ends with a loving tribute.
6. Mention how you and your wife watched her blossom into the beautiful young woman she is today.
5. Make reference to your daughters qualities and attributes.
4. Talk about your first impressions of the Groom.
3. Describe how happy your daughter has been since she met the Groom.
2. Thank your wife/partner and describe what a wonderful mother she has been to the Bride.
1. Offer a heart-warming Toast to the happy couple.
The Father of the Bride speech should make you proud on this proudest of days so stand tall, be confident and give a speech that will live with you forever.